Sunday, May 12, 2013

Yours, mine, theirs.

 I remember you. 
Do you remember me? 
Not the me I am now, but the me I used to be. Do you see how I've grown?
I'm the girl who loved all the shows you loved.
The one you used to have stopwatch wars with in chemistry class.
And you're the boy who never listened in school, but always listened when I needed it. 
Remember now?

I remember you.
And I know you remember me. 
I remember when you taught me how to speak pidgin. 
And when I missed your birthday party because I went to Lake Powell.
I'm sorry for that. 
I don't remember when we became best friends, but I know that we are. 
Please remember me. 

I remember you.
I hope you remember me.
And I hope you hold close the times that we shared. 
Because I'm your first love, though you aren't mine. 
And when you look in the mirror, I hope you miss my silhouette there next to you.
I hope I forget.

When you're halfway across the country will you remember me?
When you've moved on and found new friends, please remember me.
When you realize she wasn't the one, don't come to me.
I have others I need to remember.

Remember me.
Or don't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment